Design/System/Construction/Assembly Usage Disclaimer
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction should be consulted in all cases as to the particular requirements covering the installation and use of UL Listed or Classified products, equipment, system, devices, and materials.
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction should be consulted before construction.
- Fire resistance assemblies and products are developed by the design submitter and have been investigated by UL for compliance with applicable requirements. The published information cannot always address every construction nuance encountered in the field.
- When field issues arise, it is recommended the first contact for assistance be the technical service staff provided by the product manufacturer noted for the design. Users of fire resistance assemblies are advised to consult the general Guide Information for each product category and each group of assemblies. The Guide Information includes specifics concerning alternate materials and alternate methods of construction.
- Only products which bear UL's Mark are considered as Classified, Listed, or Recognized.
Assembly Rating — 2 Hr
Wall Assembly —Min 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) thick reinforced normal weight 150 pcf, (2400 kg/cu meter ) structural concrete. Wall may also be constructed of any UL Classified Concrete Blocks*.
See Concrete Blocks (CAZT) category in the Fire Resistance Directory for names of manufacturers.
Floor Assembly —Min 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) thick reinforced normal weight 150 pcf, (2400 kg/cu meter), structural concrete.
Joint System —Nominal width of joint is 2-1/4 to 4 in. (55 to 100 mm). The joint system is designed to accommodate a max 25 percent compression or extension from its installed width. The joint system shall consist of the following:
Forming Material* —Compressed, fire-retardant impregnated, 3 ¾ in. deep foam. Topside of foam is coated with Silicone and underside is coated with intumescent. Foam is installed in joint opening as a permanent form.
EMSEAL LLC — DFR2 Mechanical joint system.B.
Sealant Band —Watertight ¾ in. deep silicone sealant band and corner bead supplied by joint system manufacturer, and installed in accordance with installation instruction.C. Epoxy adhesive —Consists of two parts; part A (base), and part B (hardener). The epoxy is supplied by joint system manufacturer, and installed in accordance with installation instructions.
*Bearing the UL Classification Mark
|Last Updated on 2010-01-10|
|Questions?||Notice of Disclaimer|
Copyright © 2010 Underwriters Laboratories Inc.®
The appearance of a company's name or product in this database does not in itself assure that products so identified have been manufactured under UL's Follow-Up Service. Only those products bearing the UL Mark should be considered to be Listed and covered under UL's Follow-Up Service. Always look for the Mark on the product.