Careers at EMSEAL--Inside Technical Product Specialist
(Re-Posted April 8, 2013)
Westborough, MA--If you enjoy wrapping your mind around and solving
technical problems and at the same time enjoy the challenge of negotiating
and closing win-win deals, then you could be the person we are looking for
to add to our dynamic engineered-product Tech Team.
An ability to multitask coupled with
a creative and driven mind will prove invaluable in this position.
● Provide customers with technical and product support for their specific geographic region including:
- application analysis and product recommendation to architects, engineers, and contractors;
- quote generation to single or multiple bidders;
- preparation of letters of submittal or justification of product applications;
- negotiation of prices, discounts and commissions;
- negotiation with affected parties the successful resolution of complaints.
● Interpret construction field conditions communicated through CAD and sketched drawings. Communicate to CAD engineers conditions depicting product application solutions for preparation of submittal and manufacturing shop drawings.
● Provide over-the-phone, via online chat, and webinar based product installation guidance and training.
● Compare product capabilities with expected application requirements such as: simple and compound movement, vehicular loading, chemical sensitivity, hydrostatic and air pressures, back-pressures of products on substrates.
● Interpret blueprints and details.
● Persuade potential users to the benefits of selecting EMSEAL joint systems.
● Recommend solutions to address field problems.
● Develop and share ideas for possible new products and technologies and new market applications.
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred, or demonstrated technical inclination combined with alternate Bachelor’s degree.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / SKILLS:
● Self motivated, eager to learn, attentive to detail.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, reps, and customers.
● Exhibit high standards of ethical conduct, honesty and integrity.
● Work and communicate with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
● Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently.
● Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Foster commitment and team spirit.
● Express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information. Listen to others and respond appropriately.
● Look at problems creatively and take initiative to try something innovative.
● Multi-Tasking. Juggle numerous related or unrelated tasks and see them all to successful conclusion.
● Make decisions. Ability to assess importance of different aspects of daily workload based on big-picture understanding of company goals.
● Exhibit efficient and effective use of computer software as the vehicle for application engineering and customer support activities.
● Demonstrate a solid aptitude for computer use and strong typing skills. You will be required to touch-type at sufficient speed with which to enter project and conversation notes directly into a central database.
● Proficiency with software appropriate to job functions such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other programs as may be required.
● Excellent writing and verbal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please research EMSEAL, and send us a letter telling us why
adding you to our team will help us to meet our growth and quality goals.
Attach your letter and resume and email it to
Expansion joints and
sealants by EMSEAL
Last Modified: March 07, 2014