Careers at EMSEAL--Inside
(Re-Posted April 8, 2013)
Westborough, MA--If you enjoy wrapping your mind around and solving
technical problems and at the same time enjoy the challenge of negotiating
and closing win-win deals, then you could be the person we are looking for
to add to our dynamic engineered-product Tech Team.
EMSEAL Joint Systems, the leading manufacturer of premium sealants
and expansion joint systems for the commercial construction industry seeks a
for our corporate
office in Westborough, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and possess high-energy enthusiasm for
providing customer-service-oriented technical and product support. Projects
range from the new San Francisco 49ers Stadium to the Empire State Building and Lincoln Center in New York, to
the local parking garage near where you grew up.
An ability to multitask coupled with
a creative and driven mind will prove invaluable in this position.
● Provide customers with technical and product support
for their specific geographic region including:
application analysis and product recommendation to architects, engineers,
quote generation to single or multiple bidders;
of letters of submittal or justification of product applications;
of prices, discounts and commissions;
with affected parties the successful resolution of complaints.
● Interpret construction field conditions communicated
through CAD and sketched drawings. Communicate to CAD engineers
conditions depicting product application solutions for preparation of
submittal and manufacturing shop drawings.
● Provide over-the-phone, via online chat, and webinar
based product installation
guidance and training.
● Compare product capabilities with expected application
requirements such as: simple and compound movement, vehicular loading,
chemical sensitivity, hydrostatic and air pressures, back-pressures of
products on substrates.
● Interpret blueprints and details.
● Persuade potential users to the benefits of selecting
EMSEAL joint systems.
● Recommend solutions to address field problems.
● Develop and share ideas for possible new products and
technologies and new market applications.
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor of Science in
Engineering preferred, or demonstrated technical inclination combined with
alternate Bachelor’s degree.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / SKILLS:
● Self motivated, eager to learn, attentive to detail.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, reps, and customers.
● Exhibit high standards of ethical conduct, honesty and
● Work and communicate with internal and external clients and
customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative
● Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment
toward completing assignments efficiently.
● Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust, and
group identity. Foster commitment and team spirit.
● Express information to individuals or groups effectively,
taking into account the audience and nature of the information. Listen to
others and respond appropriately.
● Look at problems creatively and take initiative to try
● Multi-Tasking. Juggle numerous related or unrelated tasks and see them all
to successful conclusion.
● Make decisions.
Ability to assess importance of different aspects of daily workload based on
big-picture understanding of company goals.
● Exhibit efficient and effective use of computer software as
the vehicle for application engineering and customer support activities.
● Demonstrate a solid aptitude for computer use and strong
typing skills. You will be required to touch-type at sufficient speed with
which to enter project and conversation notes directly into a central
● Proficiency with software appropriate to job functions such
as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other
programs as may be required.
● Excellent writing and verbal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please research EMSEAL, and send us a letter telling us why
adding you to our team will help us to meet our growth and quality goals.
Attach your letter and resume and email it to