Careers at EMSEAL--Inside Technical Product Specialist
(Re-Posted April 8, 2013)
Westborough, MA--If you enjoy wrapping your mind around and solving
technical problems and at the same time enjoy the challenge of negotiating
and closing win-win deals, then you could be the person we are looking for
to add to our dynamic engineered-product Tech Team.
An ability to multitask coupled with
a creative and driven mind will prove invaluable in this position.
● Provide customers with technical and product support for their specific geographic region including:
- application analysis and product recommendation to architects, engineers, and contractors;
- quote generation to single or multiple bidders;
- preparation of letters of submittal or justification of product applications;
- negotiation of prices, discounts and commissions;
- negotiation with affected parties the successful resolution of complaints.
● Interpret construction field conditions communicated through CAD and sketched drawings. Communicate to CAD engineers conditions depicting product application solutions for preparation of submittal and manufacturing shop drawings.
● Provide over-the-phone, via online chat, and webinar based product installation guidance and training.
● Compare product capabilities with expected application requirements such as: simple and compound movement, vehicular loading, chemical sensitivity, hydrostatic and air pressures, back-pressures of products on substrates.
● Interpret blueprints and details.
● Persuade potential users to the benefits of selecting EMSEAL joint systems.
● Recommend solutions to address field problems.
● Develop and share ideas for possible new products and technologies and new market applications.
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred, or demonstrated technical inclination combined with alternate Bachelor’s degree.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / SKILLS:
● Self motivated, eager to learn, attentive to detail.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, reps, and customers.
● Exhibit high standards of ethical conduct, honesty and integrity.
● Work and communicate with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
● Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently.
● Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Foster commitment and team spirit.
● Express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information. Listen to others and respond appropriately.
● Look at problems creatively and take initiative to try something innovative.
● Multi-Tasking. Juggle numerous related or unrelated tasks and see them all to successful conclusion.
● Make decisions. Ability to assess importance of different aspects of daily workload based on big-picture understanding of company goals.
● Exhibit efficient and effective use of computer software as the vehicle for application engineering and customer support activities.
● Demonstrate a solid aptitude for computer use and strong typing skills. You will be required to touch-type at sufficient speed with which to enter project and conversation notes directly into a central database.
● Proficiency with software appropriate to job functions such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other programs as may be required.
● Excellent writing and verbal skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please research EMSEAL, and send us a letter telling us why
adding you to our team will help us to meet our growth and quality goals.
Attach your letter and resume and email it to
Last Modified: December 05, 2013